ExactFile’s functions are divided into separate pages in the ExactFile application window.
- Single File Checksums: get checksums with any or all hash methods for a single file.
- Create Digest: create a checksum digest file for all of the files in a folder (optionally including subfolders).
- Test Digest: test the files in a digest file (several formats supported) to see if they match checksums.
- Create TestFile Applet: create a digest file and a “TestFiles” mini-application to distribute along with the files. This makes it easy for your clients and users to find out of their CD is damaged, etc.
- Benchmark: see how fast the different hash methods run.
See Settings for basic program-wide options.