This program is no longer being actively developed. You are welcome to use it for free.
- A file integrity verification tool:
- Use it to make sure files copied to CD-ROM are bit-perfect copies,
- Use it to make sure backups copied from one drive to another are just right,
- Use it to make sure files haven’t been changed or damaged over time.
- Multi-threaded, so your extra CPU cores get used when scanning multiple files and work gets done faster.
- Happy with Unicode file names, so it doesn’t fail when you’re using it on files named in Japanese, Hebrew, Chinese, or any other language.
- Supports multiple checksum routines (hashes), like MD5, SHA1, CRC32, RIPEMD and others.
- Supports recursive directory scanning.
- Supports Very Big Files — If it’s on your hard drive, ExactFile can handle it.
- Does everything popular file summer utilities do, like fsum, md5sum, sha1sum, sfv, etc, but better!
- Compatible with popular file checksum digest formats.
- For Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7.
- GUI. Easy to use to get checksums for individual files, create checksum digests, and test checksum digests. Does not require the console version or any external DLLs.
Download here. Watch the blog for info and updates.
exf: console (command line) version
- exf.exe command-line utility. About 145 KB.
- More information