This program is no longer being actively developed. You are welcome to use it for free.
- A file integrity verification tool:
- Use it to make sure files copied to CD-ROM are bit-perfect copies,
- Use it to make sure backups copied from one drive to another are just right,
- Use it to make sure files haven’t been changed or damaged over time.
- Multi-threaded, so your extra CPU cores get used when scanning multiple files and work gets done faster.
- Happy with Unicode file names, so it doesn’t fail when you’re using it on files named in Japanese, Hebrew, Chinese, or any other language.
- Supports multiple checksum routines (hashes), like MD5, SHA1, CRC32, RIPEMD and others.
- Supports recursive directory scanning.
- Supports Very Big Files — If it’s on your hard drive, ExactFile can handle it.
- Does everything popular file summer utilities do, like fsum, md5sum, sha1sum, sfv, etc, but better!
- Compatible with popular file checksum digest formats.
- For Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7.
- GUI. Easy to use to get checksums for individual files, create checksum digests, and test checksum digests. Does not require the console version or any external DLLs.